Sunday

New Mexico Chiles Rellenos + New York Pizza = Love

My creative husband invented something very special in the kitchen the other night.  He surprised me with a new culinary treat by combining two of my favorite foods:  Pizza and Chiles Rellenos. The recipe is quite simple, and can be customized to include your favorite pizza (homemade, take-out or frozen,)  cheeses and extra toppings. 

After we savored our last bite of this New York meets New Mexico masterpiece, I decided to visit my trusty friend Google and see if Chiles Rellenos Pizza existed somewhere else in the blogosphere.  I was crushed to see that the search "Chiles Rellenos Pizza" came up with a few links, but was satisfied to see that they included bell peppers, chopped canned chile and photos (which actually made me nauseous.)  I was happy to determine that a New Yorker, married to a New Mexican, had possibly invented Chiles Rellenos Pizza.

Unfortunately his pizza pictures were taken with poor lighting and my iPhone, but hopefully they get the point across: New Mexico Chiles Rellenos + New York Pizza = Love.

These are what the Rellenos look like if you follow my recipe from June.  You can order your fresh New Mexico Green Chile Peppers from http://www.newmexicocatalog.com/html/fresh_green_chile.html:

Order the fresh peppers, follow the easy recipe and take these warm beauties fresh from the frying pan and chop them up into smaller bites and place on top of your favorite pizza:

I love onions (especially sweet Vidalia Onions), so he chopped and sauteed some with a little salt and olive oil, and sprinkled on top. 

In New York the phrase "Now how easy is that?" would be used to describe this particular recipe.  Trust me, it's as easy as that...



No comments:

Post a Comment